Overview & Fees
The Transfer Station located at 2363 Jeep Road Abilene, KS. is a county-owned facility.
Hours of operation are Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 785-263-7432
Trash collected at this site is transferred to Hamm Quarry at Perry, Kansas.
Note: Transfer Station yearly residential fee - This department will no longer accept payment for the "residential fees."
Changes to Solid Waste Fund Fee (residential fee)
Effective January 1st, residents of Dickinson County will no longer receive a yearly statement in the mail for the "Landfill or Solid Waste Fund" fee. Starting in 2012, the $18 fee will be assessed on real estate property tax statements for all residents owning residential property in Dickinson County. For more information contact Randy Barten at 785-263-4780.
- Refuse Collector's yearly license fee
- Trucks 3/4 ton or less - $25 per truck
- Trucks > 3/4 ton - $50 per truck
- $48 per ton with a $10 minimum charge for 400 pounds or less
- $5 Scale charge
- $10 penalty for all uncovered trash
Material Accepted with a Fee
- Household Trash and Garbage - $48 per ton (up to 400 pounds, $10 minimum)
- Tires Without Rims - $2 per tire up to P/235
- Tires 16 inch up to 11 x 24.5 - $7 per tire
- Note: Tires with rims are doubled in price.
- Tractor, Motorgrader and Other Large Tires - $15 per tire
- Old Furniture and Bedding- $48 per ton - ($10 minimum)
- Lumber - $48 per ton - ($10 minimum) NOTHING OVER 6 FOOT LENGTH WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Dead Animals Less than 80 pounds in weight. Must be double bagged with heavy weight bags - $48 per ton ($10 minimum)
- Animal Waste Must be double bagged with heavy weight bags - $48 per ton ($10 minimum)
- Tree Limbs and Brush - Up to 12 in. in diameter - $10 per load *Free, fourth Saturday of Each Month
Material Accepted Free of Charge
- Appliances with Freon
- Clean Wire
- Old Vehicles (fluids must be drained, tires removed, and title)
- Gas Tanks (empty)
- Grass Clippings and Leaves
- Tree Limbs and Brush - Up to 12 in. in diameter - ($10 per load) *Free the fourth Saturday of each month.
- Household Hazardous Waste
- E-Waste (refers to electronic products that have finished their useful life)
Material Not Accepted
- Explosives and Ammunition
- Asbestos Waste
- Hazardous Waste - Any waste that requires KDHE special waste authorization
- Nothing with creosote
- Tree Limbs or Brush over "12 inches" in diameter
- Medical Waste such as needles, syringes, etc. - these may be taken to the Hospital or Health Department