Contact: 109 E. 1st St. Abilene, KS 67410
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
County Phone Directory
Click to Home
HomeYour CommunityYour GovernmentHow Do I
Go To Search

New Home Owner Requirements
New Home Owner,
When building a new house in Dickinson County or replacing an old septic system, the county requires a permit for the new system. There are a few steps that need to be taken to obtain a permit and if done correctly, will lead to the best possible system for you. To speed up the process fill out the Application for Private Wastewater System Permit form and pay the $150.00 fee. Next a soil profile is required to be done before the sizing of the system can be determined. I will come out to your property and collect the soil for the profile after a test hole is dug.

We also have information regarding a lagoon, in case you are interested or need to install one. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact me at (785) 263-4780.

Thank you,

Randy Barten
Director of Dickinson County Environmental Services